Thursday, January 29, 2015

Kickstart Your Art - Day 4 and AJEDJan Challenge

Ummmm, yea!  I finally caught up and have my Day 4 art journal page ready to roll for the Kickstart Your Art week long challenge.

Today is Doodle Day for this Day 4 challenge.  I do not doodle so I apologize in advance for my meager attempt.  Again I have used  my new homemade art journal book "Winter is Here." book for this page.  Trying to get at least one journal, for the most part completed.

My main skellie image is by the talented Mr. Rick St. Dennis.  See his Zibbit shop HERE for more fab images.

Since this does have a skull, I am also going to get my page into the Art Journal Every Day January Challenge.  Skulls must be used on your page.  Find our Smeared and Smudged group on Facebook!

Page was inspired by the book series Game of Thrones.  


Watch these Deets!


Base of page was made with all sorts of blues in acrylic paints, lined stencil, and sponge.

Image was pritned onto Whisper White card stock.  Colored in with Copics, fussy cut and adhered to dried base page.


Used a small hand stamp from Smeared Ink called Prints.

Words written are:
"It was the children who carved the faces on the weirwoods to keep watch"
and
"Winter is here" 

Sharpies and journaling pen also used.

3 comments:

  1. It's a very cool page! I love the GoT references, too.:) Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Game of Thrones references! Those weirwoods with their faces are bizarre, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page, great doodles. Thanks for playing with us at KICKSTART YOUR ART!

    ReplyDelete