Monday, September 22, 2014

SI Weekly DT Project and ASiD #10

This weeks Smeared Ink Weekly Design Team Project is inspired by the set called Toxic Ballerinas.  I was messing around with those dollar store skellies and loved that I could rotate their arms and legs to any position.  So it reminded me of a ballerina, and there you go. 

Headed off to print my ballerina heads, when ding goes the laundry.  For some reason I like to do whites last and then stuff all the extra dryer sheets in that load.  So I have a lot in there.  Well these would make the perfect "tutu" for my project!

This is a bit dark since my ballerina is a skeleton so thought this project would fit nicely in the A Step In The Dark challenge.  This Challenge #10 is Anything Goes Dark.

This ballerina does have wire attached so that she does hang.



On Pointe Details

Heads
As said before I printed off one of the images from the Smeared Ink digital set Toxic Ballerinas onto Very Vanilla Card stock.
Colored in with Blendabilities.
Used a fine tip black Sharpie to hand draw spine.
Old bottle caps were filled with punched scrap paper first and Crystal Effects.
Finished heads were also punched with 1" circle punch and then placed in bottle caps with more Crystal Effects.  Set aside until dry.

Body
Spine and arms of dollar store skellie.
Has sploches of ink from spritz and spray inks.

Tutu
9 or so layers of dryer sheets, torn and cut.
Poked a hole in center and then stuck spine through.
Used Dylusions and Smooch Spray Inks to color in.  Hard to see but dress is Purple and a Pink/Red color.
Gold Spritz over also hard to see but wanted to give a bit of sparkle.
Dark Brown Spritz to give darker spots on dress.

Other
Red Sticky Strip to hold on bottle cap heads.
Thin wire to hold her up.
All materials used are current Stampin' Up! (SU!) unless otherwise noted.

3 comments:

  1. Eeek! Love this, Shoni! and you used my fave throwaway, dryer sheets! WooHoo! So very creative with the heads. AMAZING! thanks for sharing with ASITD. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is awesome!!! I love it! thanks for the info on how it's done too - I would never have guessed dryer sheets! Fab!! Thanks for sharing at A Step in the Dark! mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project, cool idea to use dryer sheets too! Don't think we have that over here. =) Like the poses!
    Hugs. Elenor

    ReplyDelete