Monday, January 13, 2014

Haunted Design House #180 Challenge

Lucky 13 and Haunted Design House is back with their awesome challenges!
I hear that there is new minion in the dungeon...wonder what happened to the last one...I'm sure they are okay...
Better get over there to see the wicked new DT and great inspiration for this new challenge.

Macabre Monday Challenge #180 - Fresh Blood.  Great way to start out the new year with some fresh blood.  Interpret this as you may, but it's got to be creepy, dark, and downright evil.  My kind of challenge!

I have made a card, yes another one, with a background from my new home made gelli plate, yes another one.  There will be more people, cause I went a little craZy this weekend.  I try to make each one different so please check out the details below.

Image, Zombie Cat Dragger,  is from Rick St. Dennis and I believe that this zombie use to to cook for a Chinese restaurant.  Stop your moan cause you  know its true!!  heheeee....

Pic has No Flash

Cat Rangoon Ingredients

Card base is Pumpkin Pie card stock.
Card front is WhisKer, oops...Whisper White card stock with Acrylic Paint layers from my home made gelli plate.

White Gesso on center of card front and also on printed image of chef Zombie Cat Dragger.  Place image down on card front and let dry.
Once image was dry, used a wash cloth and water to get rid of excess card stock.

Colored image with markers and Sharpies.
Printed out image twice onto Vellum Paper.  Fussy cut one full image and adhered to one on card from with Crystal Effects. 
Colored image with Sharpies.

Wrote words and colored in with pen.
Versa Mark ink over entire page.
Clear Embossing Powder over page and heat set (you can see this better in the Flash Pic below).

Fussy cut and diced off head, arm, and kitty from second printed image on Vellum Paper.  Again adhered with Crystal Effects. 
Went over once more with Sharpies.

Red Maya Mist Spritz on fingers then applied randomly around main image.
Used a poker tool to scratch marks in the dried red ink.
All materials used are current Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Flash used in this pic

8 comments:

  1. Oooo scary :-). Cool you made your own gelli plate
    As far as I know all minions are still alive. Missing some bodyparts but alive. Lol
    Thanks for playing with us at haunted design house
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, great post and love the card, I fell in love with my gelli plate over xmas, such good fun and always a different result.x Love the image. thanks for joining us at hdh x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, Shoni! You've really gone to twon! Amazing depth with all the layers. Super fab project. Thanks for joining us in the dungeon this week at HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly crap girl I fell out over the Chinese cooking cat comment!! I love it so funny! I totally love your geli plate zombie cat eatin' card!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super awesome! I love the texture details! What an amazing job.

    xoxo
    Rocio

    ReplyDelete
  6. MARVELOUS - this so made me laugh this morning that I nearly spat my coffee - you know you're gonna' have someone complain about the cat cooking reference don't you ???? Bwahahahahaha !!!
    I love that you made a gelli plate and that background is super. This card must have fabbo texture in real life - it looks awesome :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for playing along at HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE :-) I'm sorry I shall now have to report you to the cat's protection league !!! LoL

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shoni, this is just awesome, so many fabulous components to make one fab card. Thank you for joining us at HDH for our first challenge of 2014

    ReplyDelete