Monday, November 11, 2013

Smudgy Antics Week 2 DT Project - Fire and Ice

It is Week #2 for the challenge at Smudgy Antics.  The theme is Fire and Ice.
We would love to see your creativity on this and have you play along.
Be sure to check this Week #2 inspiration,and if you have missed Week #1 Design Team project, click HERE.

I have 2 projects to share.  The first is to the second part of my Ice from last week.  My Fire is a card for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.  Some creatures prefer human to turkey for this time of year.  So get the pit stoked and the spit greased on this icy, chilly night...gobble gobble.
"take a load off."
"get lit for the holidays."
"gobble, gobble."

My second project is also a card.  I have used a cold as ice Vamp who is smokin' hot.  I apologize for the flash, it took away her icy blue skin tone.

Hot Deets for Card #1
I told you I was having too much fun with the Gross Anatomy digi set from Smeared Ink.  Image was printed out and fussy cut.  I did cut off the arms.
A bobby pin was used for the turning mechanism that the body is on.
Markers to color in body.  Crystal Effects on the inerreds.

Fire/flames were made with Crystal Effects on a silicone sheet, shaped and let dry.  I then used markers to give some color and scissors to make more flame like flows.

Fire pit and background images are stamps from past offerings of the Smeared Ink Rubber Club set Haunted Places (Sept 2013), drawn by Rick St. Dennis.  
Each is stamped with Black Staze On and colored in with markers and a Blender Pen.

Background color is sponged onto a piece of Whisper White card stock. 

Sayings are from the set Occasions Grumpies (Sept 2013), also from the Smeared Ink Rubber Club.  They are stamped in Black Staze On.

Entire card from was spritzed with Vanilla Smooch Spritz.


Cool and Smoky Details for Card #2
Icy Vamp is from a set by Smeared Ink called Glam Vamps digi set.  Printed out and colored in with markers and a Blender Pen.
She is then fussy cut and adhered onto from with Crystal Effects.
Flames on background were sponged in with a stencil.  I then fussy cut and adhered with Crystal Effects.
Background is a piece of Smoky Gray card stock that was previously printed on.  I used one of the new digi papers from Smeared Ink called Slasher.  I used the Marina Mist ink pad directly onto the card stock to give the blue ice color.
A White Chalk marker is the outlining around the flames.
The ice chunks for the frame were a happy accident.  My kids always seem to have those small bouncy balls laying around the house.  I accidently vacumed one up the other day and had to dig it out.  It was broken, in chunks and looked like ice.  So I used it!  Thought it turned out pretty "cool", hahahaaaa...
All materials used are Stampin' Up! and are current unless otherwise noted.

2 comments:

  1. Bwaahahaha !!! I LUV these but forgive me if I don't come to the BBQ LoL Fabulous idea and it works sooo well.
    The textures on the second one are awesome and that is such a stonkingly brilliant idea with the ball bits. It looks amazing :-)
    You rocked this one !!! :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cool, I love it when those every day things can be transformed into something usable on crafts. That Ice effect is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete