Thursday, November 21, 2013

Smeared and Smudged Forum November Oh! The Horror! Challenge

Who does not love the movie the Legend of Sleepy Hallow, the Tim Burton version?
If you do then I suggest getting on the Smeared and Smudged Forum and taking on this month's Oh! The Horror! movie challenge.  The rule is, "This will be a free hand challange how ever the only rule is keep it vintage victorian what ever you create."

This is a favorite movie that is a must see at least once a year.  I have created a card and tried to keep it to the Victorian Era.  Just a little fun fact that at that time, many were experimenting with photography and using illusions to make it seem like their head was missing.  I used the main image from Vintage Everyday

Card Front

Card Inside


Hand Full of Details
I used a quote on the front of the card from the book, The Legend of Sleepy Hallow by Washington Irving.  It is written with marker on Smeared Ink digital paper called Branched from the set Honor the Dead.  I altered the color to sepia and printed out on Whisper White card stock (cs).

On the inside of the card, I used another digi paper from the set called Vintage Grunge.  Again printed on cs, cut and adhered for the back panels.

Image was printed 4 times and done in sepia. 
I used the stamp set Pumpkin Faces Inchies by Inkadinkado.  Faces were stamped in Chocolate Chip ink.

Embellies
Vintage Brads on the front.
Crochet Trim Ribbon on the inside.
All materials used are Stampin' Up! and are current unless otherwise noted.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I really like the way you have folded the card to open in that way. I might have to borrow that idea :) xxx

    ReplyDelete