Saturday, June 29, 2013

Smeared Ink Forum - Sketchy Scrapbook June



Been a little obsessed with that American Horror Story Season 2, Asylum.  All those creepy images, a great story, aliens, a mad doctor, the list goes on!  Though you know by now my favorite part...Bloody Face.





The sketch to the left is the Scrapbook Sketch for this month's challenge over at the Smeared Ink Forum.  Join and play along.

I have also challenged myself this month to have a "Mask" in each of the challenges I enter at the Forum this month.  It was hard!  But I did get great use of those stamps that have not been used for awhile.

I rotated my page and deets below.
The SKINny
Page measures 12" x 12" and is on Whisper White card stock (cs).  I was making some ice tea this morning and was about to throw away the tea bags when inspiration struck.  Ran back to my desk grabbed some cs and used tea bags to make background.

I added Masking Tape in corners then sponged with ink.

Hands and finger smears were stamped with my Smeared Ink Rubber Club set, Prints.  
Hard to see but grid lines also stamped in each tape corner, over strip under picture, and around edges of the Cajun Craze cs under picture.  Stamp from Stampin' Up! called Off the Grid. 

For the strip under picture, I used the red bag that onions come in from the grocery store.  Laid it on my cs, then sponged Soft Suede ink and got the cool pattern.

Used Cajun Craze Ink for sploches and smears on hands/finger smears.  Sponged ink on all sides of cs.

For my saying, I dyed some White Bakers Twine.  Formed words and used Crystal Effects to hold words together.  When dried, I place on page.
Stitching on left side of photo is Natural Hemp Twine. Picture is of my son who love running around the house w/ that mask on.  Hummm....hope it just means he likes scaring his older brothers!

All product is Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.  Please click on pics for larger images.

1 comment:

  1. EEEKKK!!! He scared me! LOL I tell you, you certainly are the creative one. Tea bags, dyed twine. Fabulous layout and how fun you have the mask theme going throughout. xxD

    ReplyDelete