Sunday, June 2, 2013

Guest Designer Smeared and Smudged Forum - Bloody Face

This is the first project I made for my Guest Design Challenge - Masks over at the Smeared and Smudged Forum.  Get your game on and join us!  I am going to start with how I made the mask.


 

I used a technique called Faux Leather.  I wanted to make the mask look as skin like and leathery as possible.

Start with small pieces of masking tape.  I made the shape of a head, left areas for eyes and mouth open.

I used Whisper White card stock as my base.

I did add some extra layers on the nose for a little dimension.

When finished with my masking tape base, I applied inks with a sponge and then with my fingers. 





Next was to add the shine.  I Versa Marked the entire face.

Clear Embossing Powder was applied to the mask.  Heat gun to melt the powder and give the mask a nice texture.


Once embossed, I cut out the mask.  Cut out the eyes, mouth, and made small holes where the nose would be.


I used a new Stampin' Up! product called Simply White Pressed Clay for the teeth.  I molded with my hands and placed on edge of cut area of mouth. 

Clay took a day to dry.  Once dry I used inks to color in teeth.

I really liked how the Crystal Effects, ink, and tissue paper look like bloody skin, so I used it again around the teeth and eyes.






Once the Crystal Effects was dried, I cut a slit at the top of mask and used Linen Thread and a needle to sew cut slit.

Then added red ink to thread and holes.


 I stamped eyes with a stamp from Lost Coast Designs.  Stamp is from a set called Keys Set 1200.  Ink used was Black Staze On.

I printed images from Google that had to do with the history of Bloody Face.  Cut and used masking tape to adhere to 12" x 12" Crumb Cake card stock.

For the name, I mixed Rookwood Red and True Red Acrylic Inks and wrote the name with my finger.

Spritzed Silver Foil Smooch Spritz over entire page.

When page was dry, I adhered mask with Sticky Strip.

Please click on images to enlarge.

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap! AMAZING! Thanks for the step by step. I'm especially drwn to those disgusting teeth. Fabulous! xxD

    ReplyDelete